DIXON DF-Series Pneumatic Standard Hose Barb Plug, 1/2"
- Rated pressure when connected with Brass D-Series Automatic Couplers: 500 PSI (35 bar) Maximum Working and 14,000 PSI (965 bar) Burst
- Rated pressure when connected with Steel F-Series Manual Couplers: 500 PSI (35 bar) Maximum Working and 15,500 PSI (1,070 bar) Burst
- Machined components are manufactured using solid bar stock.
- Steel componentry is plated using ROHS Compliant Trivalent Chrome.
Compatibility & Interchange Data
- Foster 3, 4, 5 and 6 Series
- Parker 30- Series Automatic Interchange & Parker 20-Series Manual Interchange
- Hansen 3000, 4000, 5000 and 6000 & Hansen 1000, 400 and 500
How It Works
- To disconnect, begin by holding the hose on the nipple side with three of your fingers, leaving your thumb and index finger free.
- Grab the sleeve with your thumb and index finger and begin to pull the sleeve towards the palm of your hand.
- After pulling the sleeve, the nipple will move out of the coupler slightly. Continue to hold the hose and coupler sleeve until all air is fully exhausted.
- After the line is fully exhausted, you are able to safely separate the nipple from the coupler.
- It is important to be safe when installing quick disconnect couplings into a pneumatic circuit. Never install a pneumatic coupling directly into an air tool, use a piece of hose that is at least 18" long, between the tool and the coupling, to prevent damage to the coupling. To protect the operator, safety devices, such as a safety check valve and safety cable should be installed in case there is a hose or coupling failure.
- Operating pressure for couplings utilizing hose barb connections may be dramatically reduced to that of the hose rating and/or hose end connection combination. Consult hose manufacturer's catalog for hose end connection ratings. If in doubt, test under controlled conditions for suitability to application.
- Dixon cannot assume liability for misapplication of production resulting in equipment down-time, lost production, and/or personal injury including death.
|Maximum OD||0.75" (19.1 mm)|
|Length||2.53" (64.3 mm)|
|Temperature Range||-40° to 250°F (-40°C to +121°C)|