3M Lead Foil Tape 421 Dark Silver, 1 in x 36 yd 6.3 mil
- Conformable tape resists flame, moisture, weather, UV degradation, and many chemicals
- Performs over a wide variety of temperature conditions and is heat reflective
- Heat and light reflective tape protects insulates and enhances lighting efficiency
- Can be die-cut into specific shapes for assembly and manufacturing processes
- The rubber-based adhesive combined with the rugged, durable backing provides long service life
The 3M™ Lead Foil Tape 421 was developed as an electrically and thermally conductive tape. This highly conformable tape resists flame, moisture, weather, UV degradation, chemicals and radiation. Mated with an easy-release film liner, this malleable tape can be shaped into complex or detailed patterns or die-cut into specific shapes to meet assembly and manufacturing process needs.
3M™ Lead Foil Tape 421 is a dark gray, lead foil backed tape is coated with a distinct green rubber adhesive that offers good initial grab and a long-lasting bond that removes cleanly for most surfaces. It is an extremely conformable and pliable tape that can be formed into detailed and intricate shapes and patterns. The lead foil backing can be burnished to fully cover the adhesive and allow full contact of the lead foil to the metal base. This metal to metal contact results in a continuation of the electrical path, reducing build-up at the adhesive interface.
This lead foil tape is formulated to be electrically and thermally conductive and carries a strong acid and base resistance, making it ideal for electroplating, as a radiation barrier or x-ray plate masking. Due to the density, weight and malleability of the lead foil, this tape makes an excellent choice for weighting and balancing, particularly for golf clubs where weight and conformability are crucial for balance and club performance.
- Masking applications in electroplating
- Radiation barrier
- Moisture barrier
- Chemical milling
- Add weight and balance to equipment parts, golf clubs, tennis rackets, etc.